I’ve been writing like mad; I have an entire queue of posts that are just waiting for me to hit publish. Unfortunately, I need to find the courage in myself to cope my topics and also to prepare myself for the responses that I will receive.
Not to mention that I’ve recently taken up knitting! It hurts my hands but the feeling of accomplishment is incredible!
Today, I will be sorting through some awards that were given to me from Jenn at My Fibrotastic Life. (Go and visit her!)
I’ve been given 1 (one) Liebster award, 1 (one) WordPress family award, and 1 (one) Versatile blogger award! Yay! Thank you!!!
I’m going to be honest here, I don’t follow many blogs because I can’t spend a ton of time on the computer these days. So, for argument’s sake, I’m going to be nominating the ten blogs that I do have for all three awards. They all fit the criteria and I’m more than happy to pass it along!!
First, the Liebster:
Info About the “Liebster Award”
The Liebster Award, or “the favorite blog award”, is an internet-based award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. In Germany, the word “liebster” has the same meaning as “favorite, beloved, or dearest.” This award is primarily given to blogs that have less than 200 followers. That way, it helps the blogger with being more known to the world as well as giving the blogger the opportunity to learn about more amazing bloggers.
If you are nominated for the “Liebster Award”…then what??
Fear not, my friends! If you are nominated for the Liebster Award, these are the following steps you need to take in order to graciously accept your award…
1. Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer ten questions given to you, by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
4. Create ten questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Notify your nominees.
And lastly, you may copy and paste the award (which is at the top of this post) on your blog!
- What’s your weirdest comfort food?
- You’re at the top of the CN Tower, do you step onto the glass floor? Why/why not?
- You’re sick, do you: let someone take care of you or are you finicky and just put up with it?
- What’s your favourite song to sing in the shower? (Doesn’t matter if you can sing at all – it’s just in the shower)
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Do you like Cilantro? If you’re not sure, next time you go grocery shopping, try some.
- You’re at the fair, where do you head first? Why?
- Does the ‘why’ to some of my questions count as extra questions?
- You need to bring a dessert over to a friend’s barbeque, what do you bring? (let us say it’s a potluck, so no more than 10 portions)
- Have you ever had deja-vu?
The Versatile Blogger Award!
What is the Versatile Blogger Award?
According to the dictionary, one of the definitions of “versatile” means “to move easily from one subject, task, or skill to another.” In other words, it is an individual who is multi-talented and resourceful. To break the concept down of this award even more, I love the way that the Versatile Blogger Award blog explains how a nominee is chosen:
“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.”
Pretty much, when nominating an individual, how much does their blog move you? Do you look forward to reading their posts everyday? When finished with reading their posts, do you feel a sense of contentment and inspiration? There are several blogs on WordPress that make me want to jump up and down, and clap my hands whenever I see a new post. Now THAT would be the type of blog that deserves this award!
If I am nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award…then what??
Here are the following steps you need to take if you are nominated for this award:
1. In your post, thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog.
2. Select 10 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
3. Nominate those 10 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
4. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
And lastly, don’t forget to copy and paste the Versatile Blogger Award to your page!
7 Random Things About Myself!
I’m gonna make this a little backwards (since I want to save the best for last–announcing the 15 nominees of course!). So I’ll tell you seven random things about me…
- I have fibromyalgia
- I have to eat gluten free, which is really hard because I’m a pastry chef
- I’ve recently learned how to knit
- I’m making all of the roses for my wedding next year
- I had a cat named Hexamorph
- I have to lock all of my doors and windows every night
- I can’t not call cute pets “my babies” and try to snuggle them
The WordPress Family Award
The “I am Part of the WordPress Family” award has been created by Shaun, the writer of the wonderful blog Looking for Reasoning to a Complicated World. His inspiration to create this award is as quoted below :
“This is an award for everyone who is part of the “Word Press Family” I start this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honour to start this award. Thank you, Shaun @ http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/”
Here are the rules for the nominees who receive this award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them.
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
So, the rules are plain and simple!
My nominations are:
http://prideinmadness.wordpress.com/ (LOVE THIS BLOG!)
http://myfibrotasticlife.wordpress.com/ (Yes, this is Jenn, and she definitely fits all of the categories!)
http://thesilverliningofchronicillness.wordpress.com/ <- Love the use of the cat memes!
Thanks to everyone (Jenn) who nominated me in the first place for all three awards! Happy award day for everyone who received one!