Here’s a super easy recipe that tastes great! You don’t have to know how to bake to make this one a family treat!
As you may know, biscotti comes from an Italian word meaning twice baked.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup (dark) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 TBSP grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1/2 TBSP ground cloves
- 1/4 TSP ground nutmeg
- Optional: Hazelnuts (I added pecans)
- Preheat the oven to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Place down parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, eggs, and honey.
- On top, layer all of the remaining ingredients; combine until it makes a uniform stiff dough.
- You can divide this dough in half or leave it whole, but you need to shape the cookie into a log form and flatten it out to 1/2″ thickness.
- Bake for 25 minutes or 15 in a professional oven. Remove from oven a COOL COMPLETELY.
- When completely cool, cut into even slices of desired thickness. Place on the baking sheet and toast them for 5-7 minutes on each side or until crispy.
I’m making these at work, so I’ll make sure to add a picture of them to this post when I snap one.
Have a great night! Shoutout to Gretel’s Revenge Bakery! (P.S. Click the darned link!)
This is a great recipe for us Fibro-foagies, too. Simple and doesn’t make you feel too much pain to make them. 😉
I added the picture from the ones that I made today. 😉 I think I’ll have to write down my amazing gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe after this. (It doesn’t taste gluten free or chalky. It’s perfect!)