Gluten-Free Chocolate Glitter Cookies
Yield: 36 cookies. approx. 88cal. You will need:
- 6 oz./175g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tbsp/50mL butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup/50 mL granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup/50mL liquid honey
- 2 cups/500mL ground almonds
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup/50mL coarse sugar
- Line 2 rimless baking sheets with parchment paper or grease.
- Melt chocolate in bain-marie; let cool to room temp.
- Beat together eggs, granulated sugar and honey in mixing bowl until foamy; fold in cooled chocolate.
- In separate bowl, whisk almonds with salt; fold into chocolate mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour (can be held up to 1 day).
- Roll by rounded tablespoonfuls (15 mL) into balls; roll each in coarse sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat oven to 325 degF/160 degC.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until bottoms are darkened, about 16 minutes. Let cool on pans on racks for 5 minutes; transfer to racks and let cool.
About 88 calories per cookie
Make ahead: layer between waxed paper in airtight container, store @ room temp for up to 5 days or freeze up to 1 month
Best thing to remember with these cookies is, because of the lack of flour, it’s important to not overbake; after 16 minutes, the tops will still be spongy, but they will firm up upon cooling, so don’t keep them in the oven too long after their stated baking time.